CBI-electric: low voltage recognises the impact of its operations on the environment and is committed towards continual improvement and prevention of pollution. We continually strive to improve its activities, products and services where applicable, with respect to minimising our impact on the environment.
CBI-electric: low voltage is committed to comply with the relevant legal, regulatory requirements and industry standards to which the company subscribes.
CBI-electric: low voltage commits to providing adequate resources to ensure that the policy, is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained throughout all levels of operation within the company.
We expect to achieve these commitments by:
- Setting firm environmental objectives and targets, including measurement and monitoring.
- Providing appropriate environmental awareness and training to all employees and encouraging continual improvement.
- Promoting environmental best practices and where possible select suppliers committed to sound environmental practices.
- Minimising waste and conserving our natural resources.
- Adhering to the RoHS directives as documented by the European Union Directives 2011/65/EC; 2015/863/EU ; 2018/379/EU & 2018/741/EU
- Adhering to the REACH candidate list of "Substances of Very High Concern" as detailed in Annex XVII.
CBI-electric: low voltage has identified the type of environmental impacts that our plants operational, manufacturing and service activities have on the environment. These impacts have been assessed and CBi has identified which aspects potentially have a major impact on the environment. To reduce the risk of occurrence of these impacts CBi has set the following objectives:
- Promotion of general waste recycling
- Implementation of plastic recycling
- Recycling of all ferrous and non-ferrous metals
Energy and resource conservation
- Reduce of paper use and minimise printing
- Reduce water use
- Reduce electricity use
Control of chemical substances
- Compliance with the legal requirements and/or customer specific requirements.
- Recycling or safe disposal of hazardous chemicals
- Minimize the use of hazardous substances
- Train personnel on safe handling of chemicals
Develop environmentally friendly products
- Reduce our products' energy consumption
- Identify recyclable components in the product
- Eliminate restricted substances and substances of high concern as detailed in the REACH and RoHS directives
- Establish procedures for environmentally-friendly product disposal